Monday, January 18, 2010

Church Planting Movements Book Review

Reading Report Form:

Book Title: Church Planting Movements

Author: David Garrison

Pages:
I read __60____ pages of this book.

Synopsis of content:
This book draws from Church Planting Movements all over the globe to determine common elements and characteristics found in every Church Planting Movement and practical things that missionaries can do to help initiate or nurture a Church Planting Movement. This book outlines what we can learn from church planting missionaries who have gone before us to the field so that we may benefit from their experiences in our own church planting efforts.


Significant Quotes:
p. 32 “Missionaries are sharing these reports with each other – and telling one another the means by which God is doing these marvelous works. God is doing something remarkable. Let’s take a look at what we’ve learned from these mighty works of God around the world.”


Reflection:
I found the stories in this book to be inspirational. As someone who is interested in serving overseas, I think the book is full of insights, experiences and practical suggestions that can be utilized in any church-planting ministry in which I am involved. I feel like I have had a glimpse into what God has been and is still doing in the world. In addition, I have learned of some of the successes of IMB missionaries and I am encouraged. This book sows prayers and praises in my heart for all that God is doing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment