Monday, January 18, 2010

Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Book Review

Reading Report Form:

Book Title: Perspectives on the World Christian Movement

Author: All suggested articles under The Biblical Perspective (Handout)
All suggested articles under The Cultural Perspective (Handout)
Winter p. 195, p. 220, p. 253, p. 339
Winter & Fraser p. 354
McGavran p. 323
Winter & Koch p. 509
Patterson p. 595
Travis p. 660
Siemens p. 733
Pages:
I read __200____ pages of this book.

Significant Quotes:
p.5 (speaking of God’s promise to Abraham in the Old Testament) “Old Testament prophecy has not a single but usually a triple fulfillment – past, present and future. The present fulfillment is an intermediate or gospel fulfillment in Christ and his Church.”

Reflection:
Concerning the significant quote I selected above, it was in reading this that I realized God’s promise to Abraham is still being fulfilled today! I am a part of God’s promise to Abraham. When I read His promise in the Bible, I feel a part of it. Reading this solidifies even more my desire to be a missionary with my life and tell others about Christ.

Finally, I like the format of this book. I am able to read the thoughts of many different authors and get a variety of perspectives bound in a single book. The reading is easier for me too because it is broken into short articles on different topics of my choosing, which also makes it more interesting. I also enjoyed the short bios on the different authors. I feel like I have the privilege of gleaning from their many experiences and their intellect in the pages of this book. This book to me is a collection of some great articles written on the various topics covered and by experts in their respective field. When I have time, I would like to read the rest of the articles not read during this class. I would recommend this book to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment